Monday 25 April 2011

A little bit of what you fancy.....

The weather has been so fab that I have found myself and my girls in the garden loads this last week.  I love to find new plants and regularly in the Spring I buy them, plant them and then our rabbit eats them!  So some friends have given us these giant tubs which we have planted with potatoes, carrots and sweet peas. 

My youngest has loved watering them every morning and evening and was thrilled when she was rewarded with tiny little plants beginning to grow. 
At the carboot yesterday I found this.......
Lilly of the Valley
I love this tiny plant as the smell is gorgeous - this was 50pand not too much to loose if the rabbit has it for brekie!
Last year my Aunty Helen gave me this old metal bath and I planted it with herbs - ala Kirsty.  They all died off in the winter and I didn't hold out much hope for any surviving but as you can see....

Fabulous
And finally amongst all this self sufficiency I have found time for a little creativity.  I have been quite successful with selling my mirrors recently and so have added to my stock with this little beauty, a carboot buy thats in the middle of its transformation

So real life is beckoning - back to school tomorrow.  Parties to look forward to though...............

No comments:

Post a Comment