Monday 13 June 2011

Beach Hut

This beauty is up for sale!
When we were children me and my brother spent many happy summers in Suffolk staying on our grandparent's farm.  Living nearby were lots of aunts, uncles and cousins.  The whole family rented a beach hut at Felixstowe which we had use of all summer long.  I loved that hut and can still smell it now!  We used to get changed in and store all our beach items, we had windbreaks which would be erected around a huge area of pebbly beach.  We had tomato soup made with milk after a freezing cold swim and were not allowed in the sea again until at least an hour after eating! (my Aunty Mary's rule!) Such happy, happy, sunny times
I wish I lived nearer to the sea and owned one of these beauties - hey ho maybe one day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrea, my friend has a beach hut in fashionable Whitstable. She paid rather a lot for it too if I remember rightly. Still, I think it gives her and her family a lot of pleasure which is the main thing, of course.

    Andrea, out of interest, those box frames you mentioned in a previous post, if you still have them can you let me know the dimensions - depth, height width. xx

    ReplyDelete