Sunday 12 June 2011

Inspiration

Over the years I have made lots of things, toy boxes, painted ikea boxes, Scumble Goosie painted items & furniture all to sell and all with varying degrees of success.  So last year when my mum gave me 2 wooden 1970's frames I initially thought I would just paint them, they were large and had a kind of bark/wallpaper trim which would still show once painted, so when I found some pretty red and white decoupage paper I thought that would be just the job.  I painted them gloss red, with paper detail and added a collage of photos of my girls.  On white walls they look fab!  So forward 6 months and I am now covering mirror frames with paper and the results have been amazing - I am so amazed and thrilled each time I sell one.  Do you want to see my latest one?


I think this is fab -  I love the colours.  I spend quite a bit of time sourcing new papers which means that unfortunately this involves going into loads and loads of fabulous shops!!  I have told my husband that it is purely for research!
I find the mirrors in all sorts of places and some are easier to cover than others and there are many mirrors that I didn't buy that I so wish I had.
Anyway this mirror and others will be on my stall this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment